Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the Beast

When reading about all our traipsing around the Island this year, you might be asking yourself, "how are they getting there?" To be sure, we are not paying a taxi. And we defenetely are not walking. So how are we getting to that "other beach" you ask?



By Beast, that is the Mercedes; diesel style.

At the last minute before I left the States I stopped by AAA and got myself an International Drivers License. I wasn't sure I'd use it, I've had this license in the past, but I thought to myself, "just in case." Well for a last minute thought it has turned out to be a Godsend. Me and my license have got us all over this Island this summer. Okay, it may not be glamorous, and sure the windows don't roll down (and for sure there is no air) and it weighs about a million tons, but it's free and it goes. Most Greeks (and some Americans even) cannot believe I know how to drive a diesel stick, and I secretly revel in the shock on their faces as I drive on.

Now that I think of it, it IS getting to feel more and more like home here every year afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment