Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let there be Light

Location: Panagia Spiliani Monastery Samos, Greece
Do you ever have that moment, that feeling when you somehow become transported into another realm? You are awake and aware of what is going on around you, but you somehow feel, hear, and smell things that you cannot neccessarily see. This place, Panagia Spiliani Monastery in Samos, makes me feel differently, it makes me feel lighter, stronger, and more centered. While inside the cave I always whisper, afraid to startle the souls I feel along side me. And although I'm not usually a graceful person, I find myself tip-toeing around, careful not to make a sound. My trips inside the cave are rarely long, as I feel I can only visit stay in this dream briefly before it might shatter. At some point I must exist, but find myself lucky enough to be greeted by the setting sun.
Lighting a candle for those I love

Hesitating at the Virgin's door.





Seeing the Light




Upon exiting, basking in the twilight sun.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Where do you see the Light?

3 comments:

  1. I just read both of your blog entries. I missed the last one. LOVE this one. What a cute little temple. I wish I was there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so
    very dear
    to my heart :-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely...'Lord have mercy', indeed!
    ps...i gotta get some sand:)

    ReplyDelete