Saturday, August 15, 2009

Me as a Barista

I had big plans for another blog, maybe something like a cookbook, but not exactly. Maybe something like a story but including lessons on how to be a "good eater." Maybe I don't have time. This will have to do for now...

For an avid reader of mine I will share one of my best. And as a self-proclaimed coffee connoisseur I can guarantee this coffee is my best.

This recipe calls for an esspresso machine so if you don't have one, run out now and get yourself one, you need one, I promise you'll love it. (but if you're in a bind try using instant coffee but I cannot promise it will be as delicious).

Iced Latte

1 or 2 shots of esspresso (depending on the pick-me-up neccessary)
1 1/2 t sugar (for medium sweetness)
1 ice cube
fresh milk (as opossed to condensed milk, which is the coffee milk of choice in Greece)
bendy straw

oh shoot, I forgot to mention, you'll also need a hand mixer, so while you're at Target pick up one of those too.

collect your esspresso shot(s), sugar and ice cube in a glass, froth with hand mixer, add milk to the brim of the glass, insert bendy straw and sip away!!!

1 comment:

  1. got it...thanks!
    The new blog will be a hoot...can't wait~

    ReplyDelete