Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The child in us all

We've been spending some time in my dad's hovel as of late, and in this time I was reminded of the bliss of childhood innocence (and how some of us can hold onto it even in our older years).




The other day my dad fixed us a dinner of Russian tortellini, fresh vegetarian tomato and herb sauce, horiahtiki, fresh fried potatoes, hard cheese, and bread. * Queue mouths drooling. * But that isn't all. After dinner was devoured over the real fun began. My dad made some ill humored joke about me not needing to do the dishes, and then went and, gasp! did them himself! And it's a good thing he did, because in the process of cleaning up the supper mess, he remembered how to make a chore into a fun activity, like only he could.



Blowing Bubbles with Dish Soap!










In the end, I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, my dad, or Zhaina.

2 comments: