Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dear Pomegranate, We Love You

In the past few weeks we've been noticing the pomegranate trees coming into full bloom during our walks around the village. There is one tree in particular that we've been keeping an eye on since it is in what seems to be a deserted plot of land. Melissa and I have wondered aloud what is to happen to the fruits once they ripen and there is no one there to harvest them. I mean, we mind as well climb in there, right?


Thankfully that was not necessary. Today my dad showed up with the beginnings of what promises to be a bountiful pomegranate season.


the little thief

so delicious


Zhaina inspecting the "Pearls"


For further reading on the significance of this fruit start here.

As for me, THIS is next on my reading list. Now if only I could get my hands on a copy...

No comments:

Post a Comment