Saturday, September 19, 2009

My inner Photographer


eat your heart out
Originally uploaded by MaMa Ocean

Since adding a Flickr account to my already enormous online portfolio I've discovered I'm not at all what one would call a "photographer." I'm more of a bumlbling idiot with a camera in my hand. After years of being on the other side of the camera, I'm finding it a little strange to adjust to being behind the lens. I mean, I have always like having my picture taken and think it odd that others don't share that feeling. But alas, today I had the most uncooperative subject!

This afternoon my dad came down to the beach with this ridiculously large piece of karpuzi (watermelon) for Zhaina and all I wanted to do was snap a cute shot of her eating it but every time I lifted the camera she turned around! I'd have to pretend I was walking away and then run around her really fast and click! After a few moments I was able to get this shot, but not without the lack of trying.

But I have high hopes for my future photos and am bound and determined to let my inner Photographer out! (subjects willing).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you would have had better luck if you'd given Z the camera and you the karpuzi !!
    ♥ the shot~

    ReplyDelete