Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Family may be small, but we pack a lot of punch


I came across this blog last night before bed. I LOVED the photos (and the challenge) and immediately began brainstorming ideas of how I could capture my little family and make the photo pop. I decided that our equivelent of a "backyard" is the beach and so we woke up this morning put on our swimsuits and went to where we always go, Tarsanas Beach. I should also add that I allowed Zhaina to do what she always begs to do, wear nearly every accessory she owns at once.
.
We scoped out a few different locations on the beach and tried a few shots at each place, but this photo won my heart. (not to mention in 98% of the other photos all or most of our bodies never ended up in the frame). I brought the blue chair and a stool (on top of which I placed my camera and set the 10 second timer) as props and then just let the beautiful setting do its job. I told Zhaina ahead of time that we were doing a "photo shoot" today and she acted like it was no big deal, and was most excited about deciding where to stand.
.
If you haven't had your family portrait taken in who knows how long (for whatever reason) I strongly encourage you to answer my call and take part in this challenge. Link your family's portait back in the comments section here and send it to Jenny. Whatever means family to you, big or small, take a few moments to capture yours, and I know you'll cherish the results.
I sure do.

5 comments:

  1. I just went to check her blog! Did you know I follow her already, too funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, unfortunately I NEVER look good in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun project~ the chair makes an interesting prop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your daughter is such a fashionista! and u are a beautiful mom!

    ReplyDelete