Monday, September 7, 2009

Take a look, it's in a Book

So I'm reading this book, and it's like, consuming me. I've already read it once or twice before, and of course have seen the feature film it was made into. And yet, it consumes me none the less. And it's strange, because it's not one of my all time favorites (what's your favorite?), and I've already read so many wonderful books over the summer, but still, it consumes me. I love the characters, the setting, and all that adventure!

My favorite chapter, "the doing of it"

My favorite passage,

--If I was to ask you to do something, would you do it?
.
Inman considered that he should frame an answer here on the order of Maybe, or If I can, or some like provisional phrase.
.
What he said was, Yes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What are you reading currently?

(if you find yourself saying "nothing" then what are you waiting for?! Pick up a book, any book and start reading! I guarantee you'll soon see what you've been missing)

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my all time favorite movies! I LOVE it. I have never read the book. I don't remember the last time I read a book. I really miss that. Bring it home with you and borrow it to me and I will make a promise to myself to set aside time for me to get lost in a book, LOVE that feeling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading a good book is like having a good boyfriend...you look forward to your next meeting.
    I'm reading 'The New Rosary in Scripture'.

    ReplyDelete