Thursday, October 1, 2009

In the Pink

Pink has been a color lover of mine as long as I can remember, so looking for inspiration for this day of color week was met with pure joy. Just sitting in our room and looking around I had ample amount of pink to capture, but decided it would be more fun if I took my search outside of these four walls.

But before doing so my mind wondered off to just over a year ago to Zhaina's 2nd Birthday party. To my baby turning 2. We had to have the party a few days early since we were leaving for Greece just before the anniversary of her birth. It was early June in Wisconsin, and we had been blessed with a gorgeous summer day and all of our favorite people came to celebrate with us. During Zhaina's nap I had drawn out a special chalk birthday message for her on our back patio where the party was to be held and set out a few tables in various sizes for our guests. But the part I was most excited for was the cake. I had designed it myself (leaving the creation of it up to a bakery in town) and thought it was the best birthday cake ever! It featured a cartoon character that doesn't say much, but finds himself in a lot of mischef! Can you guess who it was?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Times up...Pink Panther! I dug up the photos taken on that day and showed them to Zhaina. She was astonished by the cake and so happy that one of her beloved cartoon friends was there too! And so we took out our Pink Panther Vol. 1 DVD and watched it with smiles plastered across our faces. One of my favorite shorts is Pink Posies, which you too can enjoy here. And who doesn't love that Henry Mancini!!!

Later that day I was able to get back on task and capture these hues on "film."















Come back tomorrow when we wrap up color week with my other favorite, BLUE!

3 comments:

  1. your pics aren't showing up :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see the photos just fine, so I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I reposted it another way so it should be fixed now. Let me know if you can see them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pink stars are way too precious!

    ReplyDelete