Saturday, October 10, 2009

The long "road" ahead

Our return to the States is a few weeks earlier than originally planned, the trip begins this Sunday. We'll be leaving the Island at dawn, as the sun is rising our plane will lift up into the skys. The first flight of our journey will set us on course to a new chapter in our lives. We will spend some time in Athens and then when we must, we will aboard a number of aircrafts in our pursuit of home. In total our itenerary will span about a week, and for that I am thankful, it gives me more time to leave my troubles behind me.

As I prepare for this trek "home" I imagine being lifted up into the sky and I feel lighter than when I came, more peaceful. I know that all my time spent on the beach was more than just pleasure, it was the medicine I needed. These past 4 years have been heavy. I went from being madly in love to alone. From living life in the fast lane to life in the car pool lane. From everything being about me to having a child who's needs come first. As I prepare to fly I imagine all the weight of my struggles to be left behind in those rocks on the beach. I imagine that I have let go of all my heartache and we are free.


The new chapter of our lives will be set in a new city, a new home, and hopefully a new outlook. And I, for one, am excited to see what it looks like.

2 comments:

  1. How poetic:) I hope that everything comes together for you. Yes, it has been rough, but you have Zhaina and your family who loves you:) Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear you'll be in my "hood"... we should get togetha! have a safe trip. see ya when you get home:)

    ReplyDelete