Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the diet. day 1

I'm getting closer and closer to becoming one of those women after all. Since I decided to take this "diet" seriously I can't stop thinking about ways to be successful. And you lucky readers will get to follow me throughout my entire journey. My newest idea is that will take a picture in the same outfit once a month to chronicle my weight-loss. The outfit is yet to be decided. Stay tuned for that.


Anyway, back to day 1



It all started with a trip to Barnes & Noble where I purchased a new diet cookbook (I need all the help I can get in the kitchen) and a pocket sized diet journal. I figured if I had an actual book (that I actually paid for) to keep my calorie count then I'd be more likely to DO IT! And so I did.


click photo to enlarge



I'll have to say when I added up my totals I was VERY pleasantly surprised 1,350!!!! BUT....I'll admit that even though I haven't officially started restricting my caloric intake I WAS very conscience of the fact that I was recording everything and most probably going to be sharing it with you, my lovely readers. However, it is quite possible that if the total would have been embarrassingly high I would NOT be sharing tonight.


Now for the difficulties.


As you can see my trouble spot seems to be my snacking, as I suspected. So I guess there is room for improvement :) Also, I broke down and had a soda. I know, I know, I said I'd be giving up soda all together this month, but holy-smokes mountain dew is good! I'll have to get every can out of this house, pronto! I obviously cannot resist temptation.


Day 1


Thank goodness that's over.


Oh shoot, I have to do it all over again tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that...for the next 5 months.





Shit.

1 comment:

  1. so does this mean i can't share any recipes from my new tortilla cookbook"...it's pretty wicked!!!:)

    ReplyDelete