Monday, February 1, 2010

It's official, I'm overweight!

I NEVER thought I'd be one of THOSE moms; you know the ones, the ones that obsess and obsess about their weight, and order SALADS when out to dinner (*puke). The ones that talk about fitting into their old "skinny" jeans, and try every diet known to man, oh, and buy "low fat" food products! I could go on and on....

And to be honest, I still don't fit into that category completely, but I'm sure as hell on my way! And as long as I'm being honest, I can't believe I'm writing this blog (*double puke).


But here it goes. It's official, I'm overweight. Okay, well not technically. I'm still within the healthy range for my height, but who wants to be healthy?! I want to be skinny. again.


Here, let me give you a visual, so that you can follow along.



On the left is a photo taken of me in Athens in the fall of 2006, and on the right you see a photo of me taken in the fall of 2009 on Samos(Zhaina too, how cute is she?!). Generally speaking I look pretty "healthy" in both, but I'd so prefer to look more like myself circa 2006. You see, within these 3 years I've gained
are you ready
30 pounds!

I've been telling people that I think that I'm "rockin' " these extra 30 lbs, but truth be told, I'd rather not have to. I mean, yes I like curves, but I'd like to be just a little bit less curvy. You know, not have to cringe every time I go to put on my jeans because they are just so TIGHT! And not have to continue to buy bigger bra sizes as the pounds add up and up and up. I actually like my chest smaller. Oh, and another thing. I'd like to be able to go out with friends and dance the night away like I used to. Last night I was out celebrating my friend Katie's 30th birthday and I had to sit out for so many songs just to catch my breath! I mean I know I said this isn't about being healthy, but jeesh, It'd be nice be able to stay on that dance floor all night long if I so choose!

So here's the deal. I'm obviously serious, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this very public blog. And I've made some decisions.

This is my goal:

To remove ALL 30 pounds by July 1, 2010

For those of you who are math challenged that means I'll have to loose an average of 6 lbs for the next 5 months, starting February 1, 2010.

and this is how I'm going to do it:

February
1. Give up soda (oh goodness that's gonna be a tough one, I currently drink 1 mountain dew in the late morning and 1 pepsi in the afternoon everyday, and occasionally more, but never less).
2. Start counting calories so I know how many I'm consuming (and obviously be more conscience about it)

March
1. Start working out (I have no idea even where to begin here, I used to go to the gym, but that was before I was a mom, now it just seems like so much work!)
2. Continue to count calories and stay below a TBA quota everyday.

April, May, and June need some brainstorming still, and I'm totally up for suggestions :)

oh yeah, and daily weigh in's charted in my bathroom on the new digital scale I'm going to purchase tomorrow.

There.

It's official.

3 comments:

  1. haha thats funny :) i gained four lbs n was worried cus i didn't think icould gain weight n yea im healthy but ur right who wants to be healthy? n i wanna lose it now before it becomes 10 lbs or in your case 30! lol. but i gave up after a week. these 4lbs r here to stay. lol but i wish u the best of luck! can't wait to hear how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. call aimee quick...she lost 10#s in a month!!!!

    ReplyDelete