Thursday, March 18, 2010

Special Breakfast

Every morning for breakfast Zhaina BEGS me to make "special breakfast," which to her means anything made from scratch. (IE. not the usual frozen waffles, cereals and milk, or toast). On my 2 days off a week I give in to her early morning pleas, and to the kitchen we both go.


She loves to get the recipe out, helps me to gather all of the ingredients, and after I measure, she likes to pour it into the bowl, and of course she loves to help stir. She gets her little stool and pulls it right up close to me (she's practically on top of me the entire time) and asks about a zillion questions and has to taste and/or smell each and every ingredient. She likes to choose her plate and which chair she'll sit in at the table. And of course she likes eating her

"special breakfast."

Today's Special Breakfast, 300 calorie french toast


PS. my favorite part of "special breakfast" is how much Zhaina enjoys it.


PSS. and my least favorite part is the cleanup :(

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now let's introduce her to "real" maple syrup!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 成功是一把梯子,雙手插在口袋裡是爬不上去的。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete