Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our BIRTHday 06.10.06


On this day, 4 years ago, I became a mother.

At the moment this photo was taken I had no idea of the enormity this entailed. I had been a single mom since I was 5 months pregnant, and probably naive as to what bringing a new life into the world would mean. I had not planned on having a baby at the time, but she came anyways. In fact up until the doctor announced, "you got your girl" I was convinced I was having a boy. His name was to be Angel. Instead I had a baby girl who remained nameless in the nursery for 2 days before I signed the birth certificate and introduced

Zhaina Melissa

to the world.

Zhaina and I have both grown together in these past 4 years. She was an extremely difficult newborn and being alone made it even harder on me. But we both survived the "4th trimester" and went on to build a strong love for one another as the months and years past.


I still sometimes struggle as a single mom, but then I look at Zhaina and remind myself that
I did that. I birthed her, I raised her, and she is pretty damn wonderful.
I must be doing something right.

Happy Birthday Zhaina girl

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you did do something wonderful:) Hardest job on earth is being a parent and you are doing great!
    Happy Birthday to Zhaina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your little one, and happy birth-of-a-mother day to you!
    It's great to "meet" you. :)

    ReplyDelete