Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tick Tock


Presently it's nothin' but work work work, leaving me longing for those days in Greece where it was just me and Zhaina on our own program everyday, all day, doing whatever we pleased whenever we pleased.

No clock telling us when it was time for breakfast, daycare, work, lunch, break, work, pick-up time, drop-off time, supper time, this time, that time... argh I could go on and on. I hate that damn clock always telling me what to do, and making me rush on to the next thing before I've finished with the first. While we were in Greece only our inner pace ruled. If I felt like eating, I'd eat, If I was tired I'd sleep. If  I felt like spending 3 straight hours on the computer I would.  No guilt, none.  Here Zhaina, watch a movie, don't worry in 2 minutes we'll be on the beach swimming our hearts out and soaking up the sun.  Oh yeah and maybe we'll have an ice cream or two or seven, just because we feel like it.

But now if I don't HURRY and get to bed I know I'll be exhausted in the morning when I have to wake up, get dressed, pack a lunch, make coffee, get Zhaina ready for daycare and rush out of the house with barely enough time to enjoy our moments together before we are separated for the entire day because I have to work to pay for our house, clothes and food that we don't even get to enjoy together because we're always rushing from one thing to the next by that damn American clock.  Tick tock, tick tock.

tick

tock.

5 comments: